Sony has now officially rolled out 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware for Xperia Z, ZL and ZR which brings display, camera, battery fixes & performance tweaks to these devices. Only for now Xperia Z Tablet is left and very soon it will also be updated with same 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware.
As you all know Sony has patched the perf_event exploit from 10.3.1.A.0.244 firmware onwards so in order to root the devices one need to use the older rootable firmware kernels as mentioned by legendary XDA Developer DooMLoRD.
How to Root Xperia Z, ZL, ZR on 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware
Before rooting and using below DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit v18 make sure your Xperia Z, ZL and ZR is on 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware. If not then use below links to update your phone by manually flashing the ftf file.
We have performed the steps for rooting Xperia Z, Below mentioned kernels are for Xperia Z C6602 / C6603 only. Please do not use them on Xperia ZL or ZR.
Download below mentioned files
Download XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.A.0.423_Generic_NL.f tf | 7.12 MB
Download DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit v18 from below to root Xperia Z, ZL and ZR.
Download DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip | 2.96 MB
Download XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.2.67.ftf | 7.17 MB
If you have Flashtool then it’s good otherwise download it from given below link.
After downloading above files, proceed as per below mentioned instructions strictly. Back up your device before proceeding.
How to Root Xperia Z 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware - STEPS
Works on both Locked as well as UnLocked Bootloaders.
Enable USB Debugging and unknown sources option on your phone before proceeding. Do not use other kit version except V18.
- Download Flashtool, Open it. Flash the “XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.A.0.423_Generic_NL.f tf” file on your Xperia Z. It is the kernel of an old firmware of Xperia Z which was rootable.
- Reboot your Xperia Z after flashing. Connect to PC in USB Debugging mode.
- Do not forget to close FLASHTOOL. CLOSE FLASHTOOL , before proceeding next step or you will get serious error.
- Extract the downloaded “DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip” file and run the “runme_win” file.
- Follow onscreen instructions to root Xperia Z and once it is rooted, device will reboot. Verify that you are rooted, run SuperSU app.
- Now switch off your Xperia Z. OPEN FLASHTOOL.
- Now you need to flash “XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.2.67.ftf” file in order to get back the true kernel of Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware of Xperia Z.
- After flashing, disconnect the phone from PC, reboot it and your Xperia Z is now rooted and we are done with Root Xperia Z Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware steps.
How to Root Xperia ZL and Xperia ZR on 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware ?
In order to Root Xperia ZL and ZR you need to get separate kernel files for your respective devices. Do not flash kernel files of Xperia Z, if done so your phone will not boot up.
Download Kernel files for Xperia ZL
Xperia ZR uses should also do the same.
NOTE :- As firmware is just released we are trying to get the kernels files for Xperia ZL and ZR as soon as we get them will update the links. Kernel files for Xperia ZL will be uploaded soon.
If you successfully rooted your Xperia Z, ZL and ZR on 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware , let us know drop your comments below. If you have got the kernel files for Xperia ZL and ZR, send us using TIP US form.
[ Via - XDA ]